I BEGIN WITH AN IDEA, AND THEN IT BECOMES SOMETHING ELSE. (PABLO PICASSO)

Saturday, 19 March 2016

The power of Powertex!

As long there's more space on the walls in my house there's a reason to make even more art [;)], and I had to go with the flow because once the feeling hits me I have to start, otherwise I'll lose the moment! And I love working on canvases so a mixed media from me to share with you with various vibrant colours plus some mad texture with the help of Powertex (Bronze, Bluish Grey and Transparent) and Powertex Powercotton, Paper Decoration, Stone Art, Powercolour Pigments and the 3D Balls; and a few strips of cotton which I cut from an old clothing. So basically that 12" x 12" canvas board is all about Powertex but after drying I used quite many acrylics too. I will give it a spray or two of Gloss Varnish in week or so then it will look better with the shine.
I just had to do abstract mixed media painting, I can't really put it to words how much passion I have for abstract, there's something remarkable about just letting it go on a canvas.


I will burden you with some close ups now -








Entering this to Anything But Cute Challenge #11 Crazy For Colour.




Thanks a million for popping by,
Kris

8 comments:

  1. Wow, what a stunning piece of art with such yummy vibrant colours and rich textures! Oh, I love your fabulous use of cotton pieces, 3d balls and art stones! Simply breathtaking! Thank you so much for joining in our Crazy For Colour challenge at Anything But Cute! Branka DTxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore those strong colours & the texture you've got is AMAZING! Needed those close ups to sort of 'see' it properly.... Hope you have lots of walls so you can keep on creating!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a stunning abstract design with so much texture, I want to reach out and touch it! Awesome sauce layers or bits and bobs and the use of the fabric as well. Fantabulous colors explode in such amazing ways on this canvas! Wowzers!

    Thanks for joining our "Crazy for Colour" challenge at Anything But Cute! Hugz. ~Niki DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seeing your close-ups was definitely NOT a burden Kris! This is a stunning piece of art! I love the glorious colours you chose, they look fabulous. The texture is superb too. Wow!! You have made me want to get all my Powertex things out and have a go - fantastic inspiration....

    Thanks so much for joining in our 'Crazy for Colour' challenge at Anything But Cute! Anne DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for joining our Crazy for Colors challenge at Anything But Cute!
    Samra DT
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never heard of this Powertex stuff, but you sure did use it well on your wonderful abstract canvas. I love your brilliant colors and all that TEXTURE! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this! Thank you for sharing it with us in our Crazy For Color challenge at Anything But Cute. Hugs! Sara Emily DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely wonderful. I love all the bright colours and the fabulous texture.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Delightful textures here! A gem for the eyes!

    ReplyDelete