I BEGIN WITH AN IDEA, AND THEN IT BECOMES SOMETHING ELSE. (PABLO PICASSO)

Friday, 6 May 2016

Thinking pink

Good evening,
I ordered an aluminium panel offcut tester which is just 13 x 13 cm so I could basically see if I would like it! I do! It has a specially treated surface for paint to adhere to and ready to use with all sorts of painting media. It does have many advantages than canvases for example. I tried on it acrylics and ink sprays and different gels, so I did a mixed media on that panel. The surface is, well quite slippery if I could use that word and I wouldn't just paint a still-life with acrylics only on it (maybe I am just not aware how to do it on that panel!) but I bet oils would work gorgeously. I liked leaving the aluminium still showing and I also did some extra scratches (the panels already have an industrial finish too!) My aim was to create an abstract piece! The other thing I really love is that you can just scrape off the paint from the panel with a painting knife for example! With this you can create interesting looks and also if you decide to start all over again.
Stencilling was done with acrylic paint + Light Modelling Paste + Texture Powder; splatters with Acrylic Ink and on top Golden's Tar Gel 'wonders'! Three different pinks all together!
I am interested in getting some bigger sizes to experiment even more as I think the aluminium panels are so unique!





Linking my project to Stamps and Stencils - Think Pink

All the best,
Kris

7 comments:

  1. Wow, Kris, it's absolutely stunning abstract piece! I am blown away by this masterpiece! Love it!
    Thank you so much for joining in our Think Pink challenge at Stamps and Stencils! Hugs! Branka DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous abstract panel Kris. I love the textures contrasting so well with the smooth aluminium. Love the vibrant pinks too! Thank you for joining us over at Stamps and Stencils. Toni x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks amazing - I never knew you could even DO that on aluminum.... The pinks look sooooo divine against the silvery-grey, too! Fab experimentation:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrific abstract project. The pinks sure pop against the aluminum and the texture you created is wonderful. This piece has a real Jackson Pollock feel to it. Thanks for joining us at Stamps and Stencils.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh, this is sensational! You're going to have fun experimenting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a bold effect, I love your experiment. You are a truly artist for sure, Kris!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is amazing - love it to pieces - thanks for joining us at stamps and stencils this month. Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete